We've all seen sweet potato brownies, but these are beetroot brownies and no they wont taste of beetroot, so you'll be getting your 5 a day in while having a little treat... ;)
70g cashew butter
100ml date syrup
3 tbsp (20g) melted coconut oil
1 flax egg* (1 tbsp/10g flaxseeds with 2,5 tbsp/20ml soy milk)
20g brown sugar
80g oat flour
60g protein powder (salted caramel)
3 tbsp (30g) cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of salt
40g chocolate chips inside & 20g on top (optional)
- First, cook your beets. Make sure they are boiled fully and are super soft & tender. To cook them faster, cut them into small pieces.
- While the beets are boiling, *mix the flax meal and soy milk (or water) together in a small bowl before starting with the rest. Set aside for at least 5 minutes to create a gooey mixture (it acts as an “egg”).
- Once the beets are cooked and your “egg” is done, combine the beets, cashew butter, date syrup, coconut oil, a pinch of salt, and the flax egg and blend.
- After that, add the brown sugar, cocoa powder, protein powder, oat flour & baking soda and mix again.
- Once everything is well combined, add chocolate chips and mix with a spoon. Then transfer to a baking loaf pan, and spread evenly. Sprinkle some more chocolate chips on top if you wish.
- Bake 12-13 min at 180 degrees (preheated oven!). It might feel slightly overcooked, but that’s what will give the super gooey and fudgy feeling.
- Wait to cool down completely before cutting it.